Research Interests of Wan-I YANG
My research interests include the following five threads:
I. THE RESEARCH ON ETHICS, TRANSCENDENCE, DIVINITY, AND EVIL
1. Based on the studies of ethics, I reflect on ontology and phenomenology.
2. I develop and transcend the relevant research from the perspective of ethics to reconsider the process of evil, transcendence and divinity in order to examine the relationship between values and life.
II. INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDY IN ZHUANGZI
By drawing on Zhuangzi's thought, I start to reflect on the ontological tradition of western philosophy and the transcendence realized on the basis of the body and mind dichotomy. It is an approach of research on life meanings which is away from the western philosophical tradition: being and existence.
III. NIETZSCHE STUDIES
Departing from Nietzsche's concepts of will to power and eternal return, I explore the possibility of value creation in self-overcoming of humans beyond the dichotomy of good and evil, and then liberate morality from the binary opposition so as to explore the divine and religious implications in Nietzsche.
IV. INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDY IN PHILOSOPHY AND PSYCHOANALYSIS
Beginning with the dialogue of psychoanalysis based on ethical research, I seek to think about the important issues of philosophy from the perspective of psychoanalysis: in addition to the research of “know thyself,” I attempt to develop the humanistic therapy in the interdisciplinary study of ethics and psychoanalysis.
V. INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDY IN ARTS AND PHILOSOPHY PRACTICES
I embark on the interdisciplinary research and practice in philosophy and arts based on the above philosophical research. My development dimensions can be divided into three aspects:
1. to publish articles and art criticism,
2. to offer general education courses, and
3. to curate art exhibitions.